We’re Hiring a
- Manage the lifecycle of manufacturing automation equipment, including scope development, conceptualizing, prototyping, fabrication, and commissioning.
- Project management accountability for assigned projects to manage budge, timeline, change order, and other project goals by utilizing CVM’s internal and external resources.
- Assist in new business proposals, including conceptualizing, prototyping, and quoting.
- Build trust with non-technical to highly technical customers alike to set winning expectations; Listen to understand their unique challenges, ideate to resolve concerns and risk, develop creative solutions that meet their needs, and assist in delivering in budget, on schedule, and in scope.
- Maintain existing and cultivate new customer, vendor, and partner relationships to benefit CVM and our clients.
- Research and stay current with core technologies and the latest trends in automation.
- Ensure deliverables maintain safe machine design standards and meet customer regulatory compliance requirements.
- Assist the installation and training of manufactured equipment into customer locations including plant, R&D, and production facilities.
- Maintain the success of the engineering processes and structures including a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Mechatronics Engineering, or equivalent engineering discipline.
- 5+ years experience in automation systems engineering, manufacturing engineering, or mechanical engineering using Solidworks tools.
- Experience in designing machined components, sheet metal assemblies and weldments. Working knowledge of selecting and integrating mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and motion control components.
- Self-starter with a solid work ethic.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Hands on, practical engineering and problem-solving experience with a variety of commercial and/or industrial automation projects for external customers.
- Gravitates to early prototyping; actively manages risk through iterative ideation with customers, creation, and testing.
- Ability to focus on relevant priorities to efficiently execute for our customers.
- Leads by example with confidence and humility.
- Ability to inspire and motivate colleagues while maintaining accountability, company objectives, and customer expectations.
- Working knowledge in a T&M cost-structured environment. Experience estimating, tracking to a budget, and managing scope change.
- Effective, empathetic communicator with audiences of all skill levels. Drives clarity of expectations with customers, vendors, and colleagues.
- Creative problem solver and comfortable managing measured risk.
- Experience in high speed machine design, high speed automation, including continuous motion equipment.
- PLC, HMI, robotics programming a plus.
- Competitive salary
- 9-80 Work Schedule (Every other Friday off),
- Medical & dental insurance for employee
- 10 days paid vacation
- 8 paid holidays
- Incredible flexibility and respect for balancing life with work
CVM Core Values
- HUMILITY – Be Humble, check your ego at the door
- EMPATHY – We’re great listeners
- RAPID – Simplify, prototype, test and repeat. Succeed faster.
- ETHICS – Do the right thing
CVM Inc is a family-owned custom machine designer, builder, and technical partner for a variety of Bay Area industries. Located at the 580/680 interchange in Pleasanton, CA, CVM has been providing turnkey automation solutions for 30 years. Our customers span all industries including medical device, food processing, agriculture, injection molding, construction, automotive, packaging, chemical processing, and commercial products. From our15,000 sqft building we operate a full-service enterprise with engineering, machining & sheetmetal fabrication, welding, and assembly under one roof. We build what we design and are proud of the success that is possible by our people, processes, and executing by our core values – Humility, Empathy, Rapidly, and Do the Right Thing.
Key words: mechatronics, automation, prototype, R&D, pilot run, sheetmetal, sheet metal, welding, fabrication, automation, robot, PLC, Allen Bradley, Fanuc, Kawasaki, Epson, Universal Robot, UR, OB7, Productive Robotics, packaging, cherry firmness, blueberry firmness, saturator, FRP, engineering services, Solidworks CAD, AutoCAD, titanium welding, exotic metals, bottling line, filler, capper, test and measurement, automation cell, consultant, integrator, A-B, Keyence, Cognex, pneumatic, electromechanical, automation direct, sensors, motion control, modification, high-speed manufacturing.