We’re Hiring a
Job Title: Journeyman Welder
CVM Inc. is looking for an experienced welder.
We design and build custom automation equipment for bay area tech and have been doing so for 30 years. We offer a fantastic variety of challenging and rewording work. Our shop working environment is comfortable with large open doors, music sometimes, clean and quality equipment, and an extremely talented team of fabricators, engineers, technicians, etc. to work alongside you. Take a look at our website to see more about who we are and what we do. cvmcvm.com
Sound good? Keep reading and give us a call if you meet the below.
- Candidate should have an excellent understanding of prints, material characteristics, and behavior during welding and be able to identify SS, Steel, & Aluminum
- Experience in Tig and Mig welding to qualify for this position.
- Experience with traditional shop power, hand tools, secondary fab-machining shop equipment
- Experience welding thin gauge sheet metal (to 20g required)
- Strong shop math required, able to convert decimals to fractions and vice versa, geometry a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Sheet metal forming using break
- Basic operation of manual mills and lathes without supervision, including setups and fixturing in an efficient manner.
- Communication Skills
- Good attitude, interpersonal skills, team player, and be able to work independently
- Ability to see small details
- Keep workstations & machines clean
- Press break experience a plus along with flat pattern development
Must have own tools, power tools will be supplied.
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 2 weeks’ vacation, 8 Paid Holidays, 9-80 Work Schedule (Every other Friday off).
Job Type: Full-time