We’re Hiring a
Engineering Technician. Reports to VP, Engineering.
This position will support the growth of CVM’s 30-year custom machine building department by collaborating with an experienced team and proven processes. This position requires hands-on electromechanical aptitude, creative problem solving, troubleshooting, and excellent communication skills to service our world-class customer base.
- Assist the engineering department in manufacturing automation equipment, including scope development, conceptualizing, prototyping, fabrication, and commissioning.
- Assemble and maintain controls systems for custom automated equipment.
- Assembly of electromechanical equipment, including sensors, motors, robots, and controllers.
- Read and interpret electrical drawings
- Use schematics to wire panels (mostly low voltage), terminate field components, make connectors, and plumb pneumatics
- Use a variety of native PLC, drive, and robot programming languages to program and troubleshoot machine functions; including PLC, vision systems, pneumatic, fluids, and temperature.
- Build trust with vendors and customers; Listen to understand their unique challenges, ideate with engineers to resolve concerns and risk, be a part of developing creative solutions that meet their needs, and assist in delivering the solutions.
- Maintain existing vendor, and partner relationships to benefit CVM and our clients.
- Maintain safe machine design standards and meet customer regulatory compliance requirements.
- Maintain the success of the engineering processes and structures including a commitment to continuous improvement.
- 5+ years experience working on a mix of electromechanical equipment
- Experience integrating and troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and motion control components.
- Self-starter with a solid work ethic.
Ideal Candidate Profile
- Hands on, practical, problem-solving experience working on a variety of commercial and/or industrial automation equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on relevant priorities to efficiently execute the task at hand.
- Leads by example with confidence and humility.
- Ability to inspire and motivate colleagues while maintaining accountability, company objectives, and customer expectations.
- Effective, empathetic communicator with audiences of all skill levels. Drives clarity of expectations with customers, vendors, and colleagues.
- Creative problem solver and comfortable managing measured risk.
- PLC, HMI, robotics programming a plus.
- Competitive pay
- 9-80 Work Schedule (Every other Friday off),
- Medical & dental insurance for employee
- 10 days paid vacation
- 8 paid holidays
- Incredible flexibility and respect for balancing life with work
CVM Core Values
- HUMILITY – Be Humble, check your ego at the door
- EMPATHY – We’re great listeners
- RAPID – Simplify, prototype, test and repeat. Succeed faster.
- ETHICS – Do the right thing
CVM Inc is a family-owned custom machine designer, builder, and technical partner for a variety of Bay Area industries. Located at the 580/680 interchange in Pleasanton, CA, CVM has been providing turnkey automation solutions for 30 years. Our customers span all industries including medical device, food processing, agriculture, injection molding, construction, automotive, packaging, chemical processing, and commercial products. From our15,000 sqft building we operate a full-service enterprise with engineering, machining & sheetmetal fabrication, welding, and assembly under one roof. We build what we design and are proud of the success that is possible by our people, processes, and executing by our core values – Humility, Empathy, Rapidly, and Do the Right Thing.
Key words: mechatronics, automation, prototype, R&D, pilot run, sheetmetal, sheet metal, welding, fabrication, automation, robot, PLC, Allen Bradley, Fanuc, Kawasaki, Epson, Universal Robot, UR, OB7, Productive Robotics, packaging, cherry firmness, blueberry firmness, saturator, FRP, engineering services, Solidworks CAD, AutoCAD, titanium welding, exotic metals, bottling line, filler, capper, test and measurement, automation cell, consultant, integrator, A-B, Keyence, Cognex, pneumatic, electromechanical, automation direct, sensors, motion control, modification, high-speed manufacturing.